Find below an abstract of SeRMN contribution at 4th International DNP Symposium that will be held August 28-31, 2013, in Copenhagen (Denmak).
Enantiodiscrimination Studies by 13C DNP-NMR Spectroscopy
The determination of enantiomeric purity of drugs and/or endogenous molecules is crucial since its chirality could determine its pharmacological or biological behavior . Many analytical techniques are available to determine the enantiomeric excess (ee) such as, circular dichroism, capillary electrophoresis, chromatographic techniques with chiral stationary phases, etc.; having each of them drawbacks and advantages . Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) using a chiral solvating agent (CSA) as chiral auxiliary is an easy, fast and very powerful analytical tool that allows the measurement of ee by simple signal integration . Continue reading Poster presentation at 4th International DNP Symposium
- Date: Thursday 27th June, 2013
- Hour: 3 pm
- Location: SeRMN, Facultats de Ciències i Biociències, C2/-135
- Speaker: Eva Monteagudo, technician at SeRMN, UAB
Continue reading Enantiodiscrimination Studies by 13C DNP-NMR Spectroscopy
This is a non-exhaustive list of NMR related events taking place in 2013:
- 14-19 April, 54th ENC (Experimental NMR Conference), Asilomar, California, USA
- 20-26 April, 21st ISMRM meeting & exhibition (International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- 19-24 May, ISMAR 2013 (International Society of Magnetic Resonance), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 10-13 June, 3rd Bio-NMR Annual User Meeting, Budapest, Hungary
- 17-21 June, X Curso Avanzado de RMN, a GERMN course, Jaca, Huesca, Spain
- 30 June – 5 July, EUROMAR 2013 (European NMR meeting), Hersonissos, Crete, Greece
- 28-31August, 4th International DNP Symposium, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 18-21 September, WMIC 2013 (World Molecular Imaging Congress), Savannah, Georgia, USA
- 22-25 September, SMASH 2013 (Small Molecule NMR Conference), Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- 3-5 October, ESMRMB 2013 (European Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and Biology), Toulouse, France
For more thorough lists of events, check these sites:
Last July I defended the doctoral thesis entitled “Nous agents de solvatació quiral tipus pinça amb anells antracènics: derivats de trifluorometilamines i trifluorometilcarbinols binòlics”.
The thesis focuses on the synthesis and behaviour of new Chiral Solvating Agents (CSA) based on molecular tweezers. The newly synthesized enantiopure compounds can be classified in two big groups:
- the ones with a trifluoromethylanthrylamine backbone and an isopthalyc acid as a linking molecule, and
- the trifluoromethylcarbinol derivatives linked by a BINOL molecule, which adds an additional stereogenic element due to its chiral axis.
Continue reading Doctoral thesis on new Chiral Solvating Agents based on molecular tweezers
Dynamic Nuclear Polarization is the method for obtaining strongly polarised nuclear spins, resulting in enhanced NMR signals for 13C and 15N nuclei in solution-state
Our NMR facility (SeRMN) has recently installed a HyperSense® (Oxford Instruments), a new instrument capable of delivering a huge sensitivity enhancement for your in-vitro and in-vivo applications allowing an easy and quick switching between both applications.
Liquid-state NMR spectroscopy is an important technique into a wide range of applications. However, it is limited by an intrinsically lack of sensitivity due to the low gyromagnetic ratio and natural abundance of the nuclei usually under study (13C, 15N, etc.) as compared with other analytical methods. Continue reading What is DNP? Obtaining enhanced NMR signals for in-vitro and in-vivo applications