Dr. Teodor Parella, Director of the NMR Service and Associate Professor in the Chemistry Department at Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, received last September the GERMN-Bruker Award at the VI GERMN Bienal Meeting held in Aveiro, Portugal, for his contributions to the development and application of the NMR spectroscopy technique.
Dr. Parella is a recognized researcher in the field of development of NMR pulse sequences aimed at elucidating the structure of chemical compounds. He is coauthor of almost 190 research papers and main coauthor of the Bruker NMR Guide and Encyclopedia. Also, he has taught more than 100 courses and seminars about NMR during the last 15 years in public universities and research institutes, as well as in private pharmaceutical and chemical industries.
The award was established by the Specialized Group on NMR (GERMN) of the Spanish Royal Chemical Society, under the sponsorship of Bruker Española, S.A., to honor Spanish researchers who had made distinguished contributions to the field of NMR Spectroscopy and towards the spread of this technique in the Spanish scientific community. Past awardees include:
- Dr. Manuel Rico, Instituto de Química Física “Rocasolano” – CSIC, on the occasion of his 65th anniversary and to commemorate 40 years of NMR spectroscopy in Spain (Madrid, 2002)
- Dr. Ernest Giralt, Institut de Recerca Biomèdica and Universitat de Barcelona, at the I Bienal GERMN Meeting (Calella de Mar, 2002)
- Dr. Jorge Santoro, Instituto de Química Física “Rocasolano” – CSIC, at the II Bienal GERMN Meeting (Santiago de Compostela, 2004)
- Professor Francesc Sánchez Ferrando, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, at the III Bienal GERMN Meeting (Alicante, 2006)
- Dr. Jesus Jiménez Barbero, Centro de Investigaciones Biológicas – CSIC, at the IV Bienal GERMN Meeting (Sevilla, 2008)
- Professor Miquel Pons, Institut de Recerca Biomèdica and Universitat de Barcelona, at the V Bienal GERMN Meeting (Bilbao, 2010)
© 2012 – 2015, Miquel. All rights reserved by the author(s) and Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona except for texts and images already copyrighted by third parties (e.g. journal publishers) and used here under the fair use provision.