Some of the SeRMN staff presented our last research works at the annual meeting of the European magnetic resonance community EUROMAR 2017 Conference that took place from 2th to 6th July in Warsaw, Poland. Find below a summary of our contributions.
“Chiral Recognition by Dissolution DNP NMR Spectroscopy of 13C-Labeled DL-Methionine” By Eva Monteagudo, Albert Virgili, Teodor Parella and Míriam Pérez-Trujillo.. Anal. Chem., 2017, 89 (9), pp 4939–4944 DOI: 10.1021/acs.analchem.7b00156
A method based on d-DNP NMR spectroscopy to study chiral recognition is described for the first time. The enantiodifferentiation of a racemic metabolite in a millimolar aqueous solution using a chiral solvating agent was performed. Hyperpolarized 13C-labeled DL-methionine enantiomers were differently observed with a single-scan 13C NMR experiment, while the chiral auxiliary at thermal equilibrium remained unobserved. The method developed entails a step forward in the chiral recognition of small molecules by NMR spectroscopy, opening new possibilities in situations where the sensitivity is limited, for example, when a low concentration of analyte is available or when the measurement of an insensitive nucleus, like 13C, is required. The advantages and current limitations of the method, as well as future perspectives, are discussed.
“Optimized polarization build-up times in dissolution DNP-NMR using a benzyl amino derivative of BDPA” by José Luis. Muñoz Gómez, Eva Monteagudo, Vega LLoveras, Teodor Parella, Jaume Veciana and José Vidal Gancedo. RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 27077. DOI: 10.1039/c6ra00635c
The synthesis of two novel BDPA-like radicals, a benzyl amino (BAm-BDPA, 7) and a cyano (CN-BDPA, 5) derivative, is reported and their behaviour as polarizing agents for fast dissolution Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) is evaluated. Continue reading Optimized polarization build-up times in dissolution DNP-NMR using a benzyl amino derivative of BDPA
Some of the SeRMN staff will present our last research works at the annual meeting of the European magnetic resonance community EUROMAR 2015 Conference that will take place from 5th to 10th July in Prague, Czech Republic. Find below a summary of our contributions. Continue reading SeRMN contributions at EUROMAR 2015 Conference
“A Benzyl Alcohol Derivative of BDPA Radical for Fast Dissolution Dynamic Nuclear Polarization NMR Spectroscopy” by José Luis Muñoz Gómez, Eva Monteagudo, Vega Lloveras, Teodor Parella, Jaume Veciana and José Vidal Gancedo. Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 2015, 13:2689-2693. DOI: 10.1039/C4OB02356K
The synthesis, structural characterization and the successful application of a carbon centered radical derived from 1,3-bisdiphenylene-2-phenylallyl (BDPA), its benzyl alcohol derivative (BA-BDPA), as a polarizing agent for Dynamic Nuclear Polarization (DNP) are described. Continue reading A New Polarizing Agent for Dissolution-DNP
Next week several SeRMN members will present our research work at the Joint Annual meeting ISMRM-ESMRMB 2014 that will take place in Milan (Italy) from 10th to 16th May. Find below a summary of our contributions.
Find below an abstract of SeRMN contribution at 4th International DNP Symposium that will be held August 28-31, 2013, in Copenhagen (Denmak).
The determination of enantiomeric purity of drugs and/or endogenous molecules is crucial since its chirality could determine its pharmacological or biological behavior . Many analytical techniques are available to determine the enantiomeric excess (ee) such as, circular dichroism, capillary electrophoresis, chromatographic techniques with chiral stationary phases, etc.; having each of them drawbacks and advantages . Nuclear magnetic resonance (NMR) using a chiral solvating agent (CSA) as chiral auxiliary is an easy, fast and very powerful analytical tool that allows the measurement of ee by simple signal integration . Continue reading Poster presentation at 4th International DNP Symposium
- Date: Thursday 27th June, 2013
- Hour: 3 pm
- Location: SeRMN, Facultats de Ciències i Biociències, C2/-135
- Speaker: Eva Monteagudo, technician at SeRMN, UAB
This is a non-exhaustive list of NMR related events taking place in 2013:
- 14-19 April, 54th ENC (Experimental NMR Conference), Asilomar, California, USA
- 20-26 April, 21st ISMRM meeting & exhibition (International Society of Magnetic Resonance in Medicine), Salt Lake City, Utah, USA
- 19-24 May, ISMAR 2013 (International Society of Magnetic Resonance), Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- 10-13 June, 3rd Bio-NMR Annual User Meeting, Budapest, Hungary
- 17-21 June, X Curso Avanzado de RMN, a GERMN course, Jaca, Huesca, Spain
- 30 June – 5 July, EUROMAR 2013 (European NMR meeting), Hersonissos, Crete, Greece
- 28-31August, 4th International DNP Symposium, Copenhagen, Denmark
- 18-21 September, WMIC 2013 (World Molecular Imaging Congress), Savannah, Georgia, USA
- 22-25 September, SMASH 2013 (Small Molecule NMR Conference), Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- 3-5 October, ESMRMB 2013 (European Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine and Biology), Toulouse, France
For more thorough lists of events, check these sites:
- Forthcoming MR Events at Stan’s site
- Upcoming NMR Events and Conferences at Canada’s Field NMR Facility for Solids
- Events – Magnetic Resonance at Bruker BioSpin web site
Last July I defended the doctoral thesis entitled “Nous agents de solvatació quiral tipus pinça amb anells antracènics: derivats de trifluorometilamines i trifluorometilcarbinols binòlics”.
The thesis focuses on the synthesis and behaviour of new Chiral Solvating Agents (CSA) based on molecular tweezers. The newly synthesized enantiopure compounds can be classified in two big groups:
- the ones with a trifluoromethylanthrylamine backbone and an isopthalyc acid as a linking molecule, and
- the trifluoromethylcarbinol derivatives linked by a BINOL molecule, which adds an additional stereogenic element due to its chiral axis.